Public Launch of ‘Jersey Renews’ Coalition to Fight Climate Change
On Wednesday, January 25th, the founding partners of Jersey Renews will be speaking at the State House about the urgency of climate change and the importance of action by our state’s current and future leaders. As part of our public launch, we will be discussing the key components of our policy platform created to reduce emissions, bolster clean energy, and create green jobs.
Climate change poses a massive threat to our state; yet addressing it offers an opportunity to prepare New Jersey for the future by cutting greenhouse gas emissions, reducing deadly air pollution, and creating and securing good, green jobs. Our broad-based coalition of labor, faith, community and environmental organizations is launching Jersey Renews in response to the urgency of the situation; we want to urge our elected officials to act now to mitigate and address the effects of a changing climate. We believe that New Jersey should be a leader in progressive policy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution, while creating jobs and economic benefits for those most affected.
WHO: Jersey Renews, a new broad-based coalition of labor, faith, community and environmental organizations.
Speakers will include:
- Sen. Linda Greenstein
- Luke Gordon, United Steelworkers District 4
- Deborah Cornavaca, New Jersey Education Association
- Kevin Brown, 32BJ SEIU
- Doug O’Malley, Environment New Jersey
- Jeff Tittel, New Jersey Sierra Club
- Kate Schumacher, Mom’s Clean Air Force
- Andre Thomas, Isles
- Amy Goldsmith, Clean Water Action NJ
- Bernie Gerard, Health Professionals & Allied Employees
- Diana Mejia, Wind of the Spirit
- Louis DiPaolo, NJ Working Families
- Fletcher Harper, GreenFaith
WHEN: Wednesday, January 25 at 10:30 a.m.
WHERE: Room 103 of the State House in Trenton, NJ
Jersey Renews will work for environmental justice, clean renewable energy, good jobs, and protections for workers and communities. Please join us!